Friday 18 September 2015

Nothing Can Stop Me From Dressing Up Cute | Magazine Feature!

The story behind this outfit: I felt damn cute, so pictures were had. All that I did on the day I took these pictures was to visit the doctor, so it wasn't like I was dressed up for any particular reason. But I think it's really important to do that sometimes, especially when you've been having a really tough time - well, it works for me, anyway! Dressing up in a style that's really "me" after days of oily hair, sweatpants and laying in bed watching "If You Are The One" gives me back some sense of normalcy and control.
I've realised just now that all my "tips" for dealing with a chronic illness have been to "do crafts and look cute", which now sounds a little bit silly and superficial and obviously won't work for everyone. But it all falls underneath the broader category of LOOK AFTER YO' SELF, which I think can apply to anybody struggling with ANY tough time! Prioritize the things that make you happy, if you can, first and foremost!
Outfit details:
Dress - Thrifted
Cardigan - Dangerfield 
Brooch - Deer Arrow
Bag - Vintage
Socks - Kmart
Shoes - Naot (style: Kedma)


Also also also - you guys!! I did a whole one-page interview with the real-life Sew Magazine in their September issue! Now this magazine is sold in the UK, if you live there and wanna check it out (and/or send me a copy?? Hahaha). 
It actually looks like I really cool magazine for craft tips and ideas - I wish I could buy it in Australia!!
I hope you've all been doing well! As for me, I'm even going to try and make a video today of something that many of you have been requesting ;) So check back soon!







p.s. THANK YOU to all those lovely people who posted me kind & goodluck messages when I first posted this outfit on Instagram! It really meant a lot to me!

Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

17 comments:

  1. Ahh this post makes me happy - I love that you discuss important things like dealing with your chronic illness. You look so beautiful ;_; And congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want me to see if I can get you a copy? I'll look in WHSmith to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for offering!! I think my mum's trying to arrange something with a family member, but if that doesn't work I might contact you (if you wanna send over your email address or something, mine is annikavictoria@gmail.com! :) ) xxx

      Delete
  3. So cute and perfect. You've got it right though, if it works for you and makes your heart sing and lifts your spirits to craft and dress cute.......I say do it. I am much the same in so many ways....I dress in my vintage, thrifty, unique style everyday because it makes me happy, makes me feel me whilst dealing with challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats in getting featured in Sew Magazine! This outfit is adorable. :)

    carlyandmoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing <3 we should be friends :) I mean... if you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your feature!!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are up and about! I can't imagine how you feel being featured in a magazine! So jealous haha. I'd love to interview you for my blog one day if you're up for it :)

    Lots of love,
    Chelsea

    Sew Darn Neat

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you feel better!
    I totally agree with you on "do crafts and look cute". People often ask me how I deal with all my health problems, and when I say something like "doing things that make me happy" (a.k.a do crafts and look pretty) I see how sceptical they are.
    p.s. Congrats on your magazine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do look super super cute in this outfit <3
    And congratulations!! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your magazine feature, that's fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think crafting is a great way to deal with a sickness! My mother is currently on temp disability because she had some hip surgery, and pulled out her sewing machine and knitting needles! I think creating something tangible really helps feel like you are a productive person! It could even be something as simple as "well, I am stuck on the couch for a month, I'll just watch horror films then write reviews on a blog" HEY THAT WORKS TOO! I guess it depends on how mentally with it you are (ie, depressed, too many pain killers, mental exhaustion, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations! you're very inspirational. and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No way, I have a subscription and havent read this issue yet!! ha. Definitely will now though. If you haven't gotten a copy, let me know and I'll send you one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a kind offer, thank you! The company themselves are actually sending my parents out an issue, because they asked, haha :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails