Friday 29 November 2013

Bows and Polka Dots & 3D-Printed Selfies

Dress - Thrifted | shoes - c/o Yeswalker | hat - Thrifted

So a bonus of the rise of online shopping which slightly negates the frustrating amount of waste is that half of it ends up in the op shops, brand new with the tags still on, because it clearly didn't fit people! This is a brand-new asos dress I thrifted the other day, because I couldn't walk past the cute polka-dot-and-bow print. I actually altered it by bringing the collar together, as there was no button on the original dress, and I really like how it looks.

Hahaha, this is so silly (but I kind of want one...). You all know how I'm obsessed with 3D-printing? Well, if you ever wanted to, you can have a miniature 3D version of yourself printed out and sent to you. If you have a kinect, that's all you need (or, if you live in the UK, simply visit an Asda). The kinect scans your body from multiple angles, turns you into a computer file and prints you out using a 3D-printing machine.
Artists have also recently used this technology in Japan to create 3D family portraits. Yeah. Thanks to 3D-printers, there is going to be even more unnecessary plastic crap in our worlds. 3D-printed stuff is going to be the new kitsch.
But increased interest and innovation in 3D printing is also leading to some amazing things such as 3D-printed prosthetics and organs. Which is just too cool. So I guess we'll have to put up with all the weird plastic crap that'll come along with that (which, I have to admit, is kinda cool on its own anyway).







p.s. the winners of the Freena bow necklace giveaway have just been announced.


Bloglovin' | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

8 comments:

  1. Wow, those 3D selfies actually kinda creep me out. But your dress is soooo cute! The print is perfect, and I really like the way you modified it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I watched the whole 3D printed organs thing (on Grey's Anatomy, oops) but is there already a successful research on that? Or is it still undergoing research? It would be so cool (though admittedly expensive) and can solve so many organ defect problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote an article about the 3D family portraits this time last year :P That dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I want a 3D selfie! Like a Rachel action figure! You look so cute, I love that dress.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd have way too much fun 3d printing tiny things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress! You look amazing in blue!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can also get your selfie printed as a star trek character. Just sayin...

    http://cubify.com/Startrek

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails