Monday 27 August 2012

A (kind of) DIY - make some pretty short/jean pockets

 
(shorts c/o Oasap)
I was inspired to make these shorts after I saw a similar thing from this etsy store owned by Meanz from Koi Story (although the cat themed ones she makes are most definitely better - and she sells them if you're interested ;) ).

what you do
1. Make a stencil (I just used baking paper) by tracing around your pocket. Leave half an inch around all the edges.
2. Cut out your fabric using this stencil. Fold the edges in half an inch or so and sew them down onto the fabric... 3. Making sure you make it the same size of the pockets that already exist on the shorts.
4. Sew this onto your shorts (hand sew or sewing machine both work fine!), and make sure you're only sewing onto the back of the shorts, not all the way through! When you get the the top of the pocket, hand sew this on so that you still have a functional pocket :)

There you have it! A super easy way to update a pair of shorts.

xxx Annika

15 comments:

  1. aw they are so cute. A great idea for livening up a pair of shorts :-)

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are so adorable! What a cute idea!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shorts are super cute!
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your shorts! such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to give this a crack! Where did you find your fabric? They're the most gorgeous potted bushes I've seen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from an op shop. It's really thick, almost like old carpet remnants... haha.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute idea! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love the idea!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowww you DIY is really cutee
    my last post is a DIY too I'll be very grateful if you could see it and let there your opinion

    Xoxo

    (I follow you because I really fall in love with the DIY )
    http://mymelroseavenue.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello your beautiful short hair :)
    wow, this is amazing. love this shorts <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your look, your style,
    I'm an american guy (13 years in ballet) who has fallen in love with the European styles......... I adore your shorts with tights/pantyhose. I'm in Europe this fall studying, and my new friends have encouraged me to try the look myself since I can't stop raving about it....so
    I've been wearing shorts over tights, or sheer tights almost every day now....I'm small, with hair a bit longer than yours, so I'm sure many just see me as a woman........ I love Europe......... I never want to go home........
    I promise to follow your blog....I want to dress like you do. Love the white tights for a change from the black
    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow just found your blog and I’m in LOVE! I'm going to do this to my old shorts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails