Monday 20 February 2012

Why buy when you can DIY?

Here's four things that I made recently, after seeing similar things for sale online. I saved at least $100 by making them myself!


The Inspiration:
 Skirt - Not sure where this one is from, I couldn't find a link to the original source
 H&M Deer-print sweater
ASOS sheer patterned tights
New Look floral brogues

Okay.. so they don't exactly work together as an outfit, as such. I just wanted to get them all into one photo!
The DIY for the tights can be found here, the shoes here, and I will be posting separate DIYs for the skirt and t-shirt in the next few days! This is just a sneak preview ;)

Have a most excellent day,

Annika

7 comments:

  1. That's my motto in life, why buy it if you can make it?

    You did a fantastic job on recreating all of those items. I suck at painting on clothes, but if I could, I would totally do a deer print. Good job!

    http://www.katieleee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use stencils! I can't paint at all, but stencils are amazing!
    & thank you!
    xx Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love DIYs but got too lazy recently. You inspired to rekindle my love for DIYs, hence, my latest DIY lace shorts post.

    Love your posts.

    Kathy
    http://mypeachdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE seeing theinspiration behind people's DIY. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. purr-fext motto. i love my sewing machine to death

    great diy!

    http://alleycatfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE THE MASTER OF DIY I AM NOT WORTHY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're rad.

    Plain & simple! I love your blog and Oz has waaay more legit thrift stores than Texas. Your DIYs are really great and it makes me get and go on mine! ♥

    igaveuptheghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails